Sunday, June 9, 2013

Brown Sugar Chicken

Hi everyone!
I've been on a major red-meat kick lately (I loooove steak!).  But I've been reading the book "Eat Right 4 Your Type" - and according to that book, red meat is a no-no for my blood type. *sob*  I know that TOO much red meat is not good, but... cutting it out is going to be a hard one for me.

So I thought I would find a new-to-me chicken recipe this week, and see how that goes.

Brown Sugar Chicken.  I know, sounds weird, right?  But I read the reviews, and a huge percentage of them were positive.  And the only thing I needed to get was chicken, and a new bottle of soy sauce because I ran out of it.  So I picked that up yesterday.  Oh - this is where I got the recipe!  http://crockpot365.blogspot.ca/2008/08/crockpot-brown-sugar-chicken-recipe.html

These are my ingredients:


I didn't use all of the chicken.  In fact, I only used two chicken breasts, cut up into large chunks.  The other 3 breasts are in the freezer for another day.  I made the sauce as per the recipe (but added a touch more vinegar than called for because that 1 cup of brown sugar had me doubting the recipe).  I left my chicken in the crockpot for 7 hours on low, made some carrots and broccoli, and heated up some leftover long-grain rice, and this was my supper:


The verdict:  it was good.  Kind of sweet-and-sour'ish (although the extra vinegar pushed it slightly more to the sour side).  I enjoyed the veggies and rice with the broth, and the chicken was tasty as well.  This will be my lunch tomorrow at work.  Anything left over after that will go in the freezer for a future fast meal.

I would make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment