Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Scrapping and a Broken Heart

** OOPS!  I had this post written the other day and forgot to publish it! **

I had a busy but fun weekend this weekend.  There was a fundraising crop at my local scrapbooking store, so I went to that on Saturday.  For those of you not in the 'scrappy' world, a crop is where a group of scrapbookers get together, and you work on your craft. Sure, you can do it at home, but sometimes getting together with a group of friends makes it just that much more fun!  I worked on a few layouts, but didn't actually finish any of them because I didn't pack for it until the last minute, therefore leaving a few important things home.  Oh well.  I'll get them done!

Of course, it was also a weekend of football playoffs.  Yes, I'm a football fan.  Have been since I was a kid.  I learned the rules and everything about football from my Dad; I'd go in to the living room while a game was on, ask my Dad and brother who they were rooting for, and cheer for the other team just to make it interesting.  Yeah, I'm like that.  Anyway, I started barraging my Dad with questions about the game, and pretty soon, I was hooked.  I've been a fan of three teams in my lifetime:  The Chicago Bears (I started watching the year of the SuperBowl Shuffle, William "The Refrigerator" Perry, etc.).  Then a few years later, I caught a glimpse of John Elway as Quarterback for the Denver Broncos.  I thought he was super-cute, so I switched allegiance. (Hey, I was like 14 at the time).  I stuck with the Broncos for many many years.  Then, once Brett Favre left, I became a Green Bay Packers fan.  Oh, my Packers.  They broke my heart this weekend.  But I can honestly say that the 49ers outplayed them on Saturday night, and deserved to win.  Sigh.

I took Rudy to the dogpark Sunday morning, as the weather was AMAZING.  We hadn't been there in quite a while, and since I was at the crop all day Saturday, I thought he deserved to go.  It was so funny, there was an 8-month-old Great Dane there who was desperate to play.  She was all legs, and three times Rudy's height.  But play they did!  Rudy wrestled with her for a while, and then had a few good sprints around the park chasing other dogs.  It was fabulous.  After an hour, he was ready for home.

Then I had to figure out what I was going to make for my new-to-me recipe this week. I ended up making this Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin recipe from Allrecipes.com.  When it was done cooking, I took the tenderloin out to shred, tasted it, and was.... underwhelmed?  So I threw some cornstarch into the pot to thicken the juices a bit, along with another 1/3 cup of Teriyaki sauce with the shredded pork, and let it cook for another hour.  THEN I was happy with it!  I served it with boiled potatoes, and broccoli.  In fact, I'm having that same exact meal for lunch today.  See?  I liked it!  And I blanked and forgot to take pictures.  Oh well.

How about you - are YOU trying any new recipes lately?  I have to say, I'm really enjoying trying new stuff on a regular basis.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment